The Asian Pacific American Institute for Congressional Studies (APAICS) is currently accepting applications for its 2015-2016 Congressional Fellowship Program. See below for more details.
APAICS is a non-partisan, non-profit educational organization dedicated to promoting Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) participation and representation at all levels of the political process, from community service to elected office.
The APAICS Fellowship program offers full-time legislative and public policy fellowships in Washington, D.C, providing exceptional graduates and young professionals with an opportunity to work on policy issues as staff members of a congressional office. The program aims to build leadership skills, encourage political civic engagement, and foster a strong interest in public service careers.
Period: Nine Months (September – May)
*For 2015-2016 Fellowship Program, APAICS is offering two specialized fellowships focusing in:
1) Financial Services (1-year fellowship)
2) Science, technology, engineering and math (STEM)
If you are interested in these, please follow our regular application process and indicate interest in these focuses under the “Placement Preference” section. If you select this preference, you will still be considered for our regular 9-month Fellowship.
Location: Washington, DC
Benefits: Program stipend and complimentary roundtrip airline ticket sponsored by Southwest Airlines.
- Our APAICS 2015-2016 application is open. Click here to fill out the online application for the Congressional fellowship. Please email email@example.com for specific questions.
- Attach a cover letter and resume in PDF format to the online application under “Cover Letter and Resume.”
- Official Transcripts and two (2) letters of recommendation must be sent to APAICS before the deadline for application to be considered.
Mailing Address:2015-2016 Fellowship Program ℅ APAICS 1001 Connecticut Avenue NW #320 Washington, D.C. 20036
Deadline to apply: March 31st, 2015
Click here to apply
Read more about the current fellows and where they are placed by clicking here.
Past Fellowship Placements
APAICS Fellows have been placed in the congressional offices of:
- Congressman Ami Bera
- Congressman Michael Honda
- Congressman Xavier Becerra
- Congressman Sanford Bishop
- Congressman Al Green
- Congresswoman Judy Chu
- Congresswoman Madeleine Bordallo
- Senator Mazie Hirono
- Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi
- House Democratic Caucus
- House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Asia, the Pacific and the Global Environment
As well as federal agencies and non-profit organizations, including the: