The Asian Pacific American Institute for Congressional Studies (APAICS) is currently not accepting applications for its 2014 Internship Program. See below for more details.
The APAICS Summer Internship Program provides select undergraduate students the opportunity to experience American politics and public policy. During the eight-week program, APAICS Summer Interns are placed in the U.S. Congress, federal agencies, or partner Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) non-profit organizations. APAICS Interns have the opportunity to engage in leadership and relationship-building events to foster a strong interest in public service.
Period: Eight week summer internship
Location: Washington, DC
Benefits: Stipend and complimentary round trip flight (sponsored by Southwest Airlines)
Placement: To be determined based on interest and availability. Previous placements include:
- The White House
- Office of Majority Whip Jim Clyburn, U.S. House of Representatives
- Office of Congresswoman Doris Matsui (CA-5)
- Office of Congressman Al Green (TX-9)
- Office of Congresswoman Judy Chu (CA-32)
- Office of Congressman Eni Faleomavaega (AS)
- U.S. Senate Sergeant at Arms
- U.S. Commission on Civil Rights
- U.S. Department of Justice
- U.S. District Supreme Court
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- U.S. Small Business Administration
1. APAICS is no longer accepting 2014 Summer Internship applications. Please check back for an opportunity next year!
2. Send in PDF format the following materials to Internship@apaics.org:
- Cover Letter
- Official Transcript
3. Two (2) letters of recommendation to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
APAICS is no longer accepting 2014 Summer Internship applications.
For more information, please contact APAICS Program Director at Internship@apaics.org or 202-296-9200.
Explore the APAICS Summer Internship Experience
See the APAICS Summer Internship Experience by visiting the APAICS Facebook photo albums.
Watch the APAICS Summer Internship experience