APAICS is currently accepting applicants for the 2015 Summer Internship Program in Washington, DC.
The APAICS Summer Internship Program is an eight-week program that provides select undergraduate students the opportunity to work in Washington. DC., and experience American politics and public policy. APAICS interns are placed in U.S. congressional offices and federal agencies. The program develops leadership and professional skills, encourages political and civic engagement, and fosters a strong interest in public service careers.
All interns are required to participate in APAICS orientation and training programs, complete weekly journals, and submit a program evaluation at the end of the internship. A schedule of internship activities will be provided upon arrival to Washington, D.C.
APAICS Summer Internship Program provides a $2,000 stipend and a round-trip flight within the continental U.S. sponsored by Southwest Airlines (limited additional support is made available on a case by case basis).
Period: Eight week summer internship beginning first week of June (start and end dates are flexible to accommodate student’s school schedule)
Location: Washington, DC
Benefits: Stipend and complimentary round trip flight (sponsored by Southwest Airlines)
Placement: To be determined based on interest and availability. Previous placements include:
- The White House
- Office of Majority Whip Jim Clyburn, U.S. House of Representatives
- Office of Congresswoman Doris Matsui (CA-5)
- Office of Congressman Al Green (TX-9)
- Office of Congresswoman Judy Chu (CA-32)
- Office of Congressman Eni Faleomavaega (AS)
- U.S. Senate Sergeant at Arms
- U.S. Commission on Civil Rights
- U.S. Department of Justice
- U.S. District Supreme Court
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- U.S. Small Business Administration
To be eligible for the APAICS Summer Internship program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Interest in government, public policy, and Asian American and Pacific Islander community empowerment
- Evidence of leadership abilities and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Current enrollment in an accredited two-year or four-year undergraduate educational institution. Recent graduates are also welcome to apply.
- U.S. citizenship or legal permanent residency by June 1 (of internship summer).
- Be 18 years of age by June 1 (of internship summer).
DEADLINE FOR 2015 SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM APPLICATION: January 30, 2015
Click here to apply: (http://bit.ly/1F55A5Y)
Explore the APAICS Summer Internship Experience
See the APAICS Summer Internship Experience by visiting the APAICS Facebook photo albums.
Watch the APAICS Summer Internship experience