The Asian Pacific American Institute for Congressional Studies (APAICS) is a national non-partisan, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to promoting Asian Pacific American participation and representation at all levels of the political process, from community service to elected office. APAICS programs focus on developing leadership, building public policy knowledge, and filling the political pipeline for Asian Pacific Americans to pursue public office at the local, state, and federal levels.
APAICS is seeking a team oriented professional to serve as communications associate. In this role, the communications associate will be responsible for a wide range of communication tasks including social media, original content development, and publications. Limited travel is required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create regular, quality content across social media platforms, including social media posts and graphics
- Assist in drafting content for emails, e-newsletters and publications
- Maintain multiple social media platforms and websites
- Support the development of multimedia projects such as PSA, videos, and infographics
- Work to ensure brand consistency for products across the organization
- Coordinate with the Communications & Programs team to provide deliverables that support the organization’s programs and events
- Supervise Graphic Design Assistant to create graphic/video content in support of programs & events, as well as internal communications
- Provide communications and other support at all APAICS programs and events
- Represent APAICS Communications in cross-organizational partner projects
- 1-2 years of demonstrated communications experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience in social media marketing, metrics, and analytics
- Critical thinking, complex problem-solving skills, attention to detail, ability to work well with others
- Ability to set/change priorities according to deadline requirements
- Experience with e-blast marketing tools, e.g. EveryAction or similar program
- Familiarity with Canva or other graphic design programs
- Familiarity with the AAPI community or political space preferred
Salary and Benefits
Salary $35,000 with health care premium reimbursement and access to 401(k) plan after 90 days of employment. This is a full-time exempt position located in Washington, DC.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Additionally, all persons hired will be required to submit to and clear a background check prior to commencement of employment.
APAICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, veteran status status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
For additional information, please contact us at 202-296-9200.
Please submit the following items using this form.
- Contact information
- Two professional references