PROGRAM DETAILS & ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
APAICS CONGRESSIONAL INTERNS WILL RECEIVE
- Professional work experience in a congressional office
- Benefits: The grant for the Congressional Internship is $2,500. Payments are made in two $1,250 installments. The first payment is received at the beginning of the internship, the second payment is received at the end when all program requirements have been completed.
- Leadership development opportunities, networking, access to APAICS alumni network and more
- Work 40 hours a week at placement site
- Attend a one-day orientation
- All interns are required to participate in APAICS orientation and training programs
- Complete weekly journals
- Submit a program evaluation at the end of the internship
- Comply with APAICS policies regarding work performance and personal conduct
- Applicants must currently be a full-time undergraduate student currently enrolled in an accredited educational institution. Recent graduates who have graduated within one semester of the internship program’s start date are welcome to apply.
- Be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, or individuals who are legally authorized to work full-time without restriction for any U.S. employer and who possess lawful evidence of employment authorization.
- Note: Individuals who are seeking consideration under the “Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival” (DACA) policy must possess an Employment Authorization Document at the time of application that is valid throughout the program.
- Family members of the APAICS Board of Directors or National Advisory Council are prohibited from participating in any APAICS programs.
- Applicants interested in the STEM internship must be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field (See FAQ for details).