This session will discuss issues of gender equity, including access to opportunity in the workplace, equal pay, and others, and specifically focus on the challenges faced by AAPI women in these spaces. We will also discuss discrimination based on gender identity and the effect on transgender communities, and challenges faced by queer and trans women.
- Sheri Daniels, Papa Ola Lōkahi
- Sue Ann Hong, Center for Asian Pacific American Women
- Jenalyn Sotto, National Women’s Law Center (NWLC)
- Phoebe Suva, National Asian Pacific American Women’s Forum (NAPAWF)
- Khudai Tanveer, National Queer Asian Pacific Islander Alliance (NQAPIA)
Moderator: Alvina Yeh, Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance (APALA)