This panel will bring together community voices to discuss current immigration policy and its impact on the AAPI community. In addition to recent immigration issues like family separation and DACA, the AAPI community is also affected by potential cuts to legal immigration as well. We’ll hear from national community advocates who are leading the work in this space, including those that actively lead and participate in NCAPA’s Immigration Committee.
NCAPA is the National Council of Asian Pacific Americans, a coalition of 36 national AAPI organizations. Based in Washington D.C., NCAPA serves to represent the interests of the greater Asian American (AA) and Native Hawaiian Pacific Islander (NHPI) communities and to provide a national voice for AA and NHPI issues.
- Representative Pramila Jayapal (WA-7)
- Megan Essaheb, Asian Americans Advancing Justice | AAJC
- Mahnoor Hussain, South Asian Americans Leading Together (SAALT)
- Michelle Liang, National Korean American Service & Education Consortium (NAKASEC)
- Kham Moua, Southeast Asia Resource Action Center (SEARAC)
Moderator: The Honorable J. Traci Hong, Fmr. U.S. Immigration Judge