13 Questions with Gregg Orton
Welcoming the 2019-2020 APAICS Fellowship Cohort
APAICS welcomes 7 spectacular new Congressional Fellows to DC!
- Ariel Higuchi, Office of Congressman Ami Bera
- Nicholas Johns
- Wardah Khalid, Office of Congresswoman Judy Chu
- Erika Ninoyu, Office of Congresswoman Grace Meng
- Nary Rath, Office of Senator Jacky Rosen
- Ridhwan Sediqe, Office of Senator Tammy Duckworth
- Manjot Singh, Office of Speaker Nancy Pelosi
Each fellow is placed in a Congressional office or government agency, and receives supplemental professional development training and networking opportunities through APAICS.
Central Valley Regional Leadership Academy
This month, in partnership with the League of CA Cities Asian Pacific Islander Caucus, APAICS hosted the Central Valley Regional Leadership Academy in Fresno, CA. Participants from diverse ethnic communities as well as varying political leanings engaged in trainings on fundraising, digital communications, base building, and more.
Our Community Partners included:
- Asian Business Institute and Resource Center (ABIRC)
- The Fresno Center
- Asian Pacific Islander American Public Affairs (APAPA)
- Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR)
- Fresno Interdenominational Refugee Ministries (FIRM)
- Greater Fresno Health Organization
- Hmong Innovating Politics (HIP)
- Jakara Movement
- Stone Soup Fresno
Sponsors: Southwest Airlines
The APAICS Leadership Academy hosts quarterly Networking Breakfasts with special CAPAC executive members for our special supporters and program sponsors. This month, our breakfast featured Representative Jimmy Gomez (CA) and Representative Grace Meng (NY) who both discussed the issues they have been focusing on in the U.S. House.