APAICS is currently accepting applications for the 2020 Summer Semester (May – August) in Washington, DC.
About the Office Internship
APAICS is looking for AAPI students and young professionals to intern in our office in Washington, DC. Current students and recent graduates of all levels, backgrounds, and ethnicities are encouraged to apply.
All APAICS interns will spend the majority of their time working on content-based projects that will support our national, regional, and local programs and initiatives. Interns will attend professional development and networking events featuring elected officials and community leaders.
Areas in which interns will work:
- Communications (prepare briefings, draft emails, write blog posts, create online content)
- Graphic Design (produce content for programs and events, design graphics for social media, create periodicals)
- Digital & Analytics (update website, analyze email performance, observe visitor data, maintain database)
- Research (compile data on AAPI candidates and elected officials, identify community leaders and local issues of importance)
- Event Planning (outreach to participants, confirm and register attendees, manage logistics)
- Office Administration (answer phones, file documents, run errands)
No previous experience is necessary, but the following qualifications would definitely be an asset:
- Knowledge and Interests
- Understanding of issues affecting Asian Pacific American communities
- Passion for politics, government, and public policy
- Ability to jump between projects from day to day
- Willingness to assist wherever needed based on organization needs
- Software experience
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Google Docs, Sheets
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Strong writing ability for multiple audiences
- Keen proofreading and editing skills
- Work in the APAICS office anytime between May 4, 2020 and August 28, 2020
- Work for at least 12 weeks during the semester
- Work at least 32 (preferably 40) hours per week
- There is a limited amount of grant funding available.
- Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications.
- We will provide metro reimbursements for travel from home (college lodging) in Washington, DC to the APAICS office.
- APAICS does not provide housing or a stipend for housing.
Interns must work from the APAICS office in downtown Washington, DC
Deadline to Apply
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
For inquiries about the program or application, please contact us at email@example.com.